Discover How to Make The Right Decision – Every Time
Making sound decisions is essential to success in investing. Making good decisions consistently, especially in a complex realm like the stock market, is a skill that few are born with. The good news is that it can be learned and perfected through training and practice.
Amateur investors make decisions based on their emotional reactions to rising and falling stock prices.
Professional investors make thoughtful decisions based on carefully designed strategies.
Profits flow from amateur investors to professional investors as a result.
In this coaching program you’ll have someone in your corner who knows what they’re doing. You’ll get personal support while we design your strategy and strengthen your decision-making process.
You can’t always trust your first instinct
As investors, most of the decisions we make are rational and sound – especially because the stakes are so high. But when the market begins to falter, we often have a tendency to let emotions dictate the choices we make. When this happens, we commit all kinds of mental errors.
Examples of emotion-driven investment decisions include:
- Panic selling – overreacting to a temporary price drop and selling near the bottom
- Chasing – being ‘late to the party’ and paying too much for an investment
- Churning – impatiently jumping from one investment to the next
Once we accept that we can’t always trust our first reaction to scary headlines or market events, we can begin to see things as they really are. It’s at this point that we can start to adopt a more systematic approach to investing. We can set up a series of checks and balances that compensate for emotions and biases that keep us from peak performance.
The first step is creating your plan
The place where all of your work during this program will come together is in your written plan, formally called an Investment Policy Statement, or IPS. It’s a living document that you will come to rely on for direction when you get lost, reassurance when you get anxious, and motivation when you get stuck. Here are some of the ways your IPS will help you become a better investor.
- Your IPS will help you get organized, bringing everything that’s related to your investing process into one convenient place.
- It will spell out your goals, showing you where you are today, where you’re going tomorrow, and the fastest and safest way to get there.
- It will provide a way to measure your progress, allowing you to make mid-course corrections when something bad happens that temporarily knocks you off course.
- It will contain your decision rules, and prevent you from over-reacting to short term market events.
- It will keep you focused, disciplined, and honest about following through.
- It will provide the context you’ll need to make informed and consistent decisions.
- It will create a systematic review process so you can maintain a balanced and efficient portfolio.
- It will keep you focused on your long-term objectives (the big picture) during chaotic market periods.
[If you choose to invest without an IPS, you can expect to achieve about 40% of your potential as an investor. The other 60% that you leave on the table will be picked up by those who do use an IPS.]
As Mike Tysons said, “Every fighter has a plan, until he gets punched in the mouth.”
Having a well-written plan will take you a long way, but it isn’t enough. There are plenty of challenges that will arise when it comes to implementing and maintaining your plan. This is where having a coach in your corner can really pay dividends.
What Mike Tyson was saying is that professional boxers spend months preparing for a match. They work with their trainers to map out a strategy for attacking their opponent based on what they see as the other fighter’s weaknesses. This “fight plan” is drilled and practiced over and over again, choreographed right down to the sequence of punches that are sure to drop their opponent to the canvas.
But then the unexpected happens. A left hook comes out of nowhere. Bam! A direct hit. Seeing stars. Knees begin to wobble. And then – Down Goes Frazier!
At this point, the plan goes out the window as the priority shifts from strategy to survival. For investors, having a plan is essential, but knowing what to do when the market delivers a mean left hook is what really matters. This program will show you how to handle the toughest market environments without abandoning your plan.
6 benefits of investment coaching
- Coaching helps you clarify and prioritize you goals and shorten the time to reach them.
- Coaching provides a sounding board while navigating investment decisions.
- Coaching brings structure and direction to your investing process.
- Coaching provides a new perspective to push you well beyond what you could accomplish on your own.
- Coaching empowers you with support, encouragement, inspiration, and motivation.
- Coaching provides a means of accountability, so that you are much more likely to implement what you learn and stay on track over the long term.
How is coaching different from traditional investment advice?
- You’ll learn to make decisions on your own instead of depending on someone else.
- Individually tailored to your needs and available resources.
- Addresses root causes of unsatisfactory results instead of treating symptoms.
- Participatory process instead of just being told what to do.
- You’ll leave with an array of personalized decision-making tools to use as you move forward.
After you complete the program, you will be able to effectively weigh your options, and make smarter decisions that will produce better and more consistent results.
If you are willing to invest a relatively small amount of time and effort up front, you will enjoy the benefits for the rest of your investing lifetime.
How It Works
In this program we cover the 4 key drivers of excellence in investing.
Part I. Discovery
Knowing who you are as an investor is the first step towards designing a customized strategy that takes advantage of your unique combination of skills, abilities, and resources. The way we do this is by looking at your investing history, your financial resources, your investing goals, your beliefs and expectations, and your need, ability, and willingness to take risk in the market.
Part II. Diagnosis
Once we know who you are, what you are capable of, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future, we will get to work on identifying the obstacles that are preventing you from achieving peak performance. The way we accomplish this is by challenging your beliefs, testing your understanding of how the markets work, and isolating the decisions and behaviors that have been holding you back.
Part III. Treatment Plan
This is the “nuts and bolts” of the coaching program. Here we take everything we’ve learned about who you are and what you are capable of, and use it to hammer out your plan. This will include your philosophy, strategy, rules & procedures, checklists, and maintenance routine.
Part IV. Implementation & Follow-up
This is where we move from theory to practice. You’ve worked hard to learn, practice, and prepare for a major change in your approach to investing. Now it’s time to execute your new plan. Inevitably, there will be questions that pop up along the way. As your coach, I will be with you every step of the way, making sure that all of your hard work and preparation gets implemented properly.
Once your plan has been fully implemented, and all the trades have been executed, we will double check everything to make sure nothing was missed.
The last step will be to set up a routine for you to monitor and adjust your portfolio in order to keep it running smoothly and at peak efficiency. This will include scheduled reviews, rebalancing triggers, and price alerts. We will automate many of the maintenance tasks so that you can move on to more important things in your life, secure in the knowledge that your plan will alert you when action is required.
- Average yearly stock market return = 8.21%
- Average yearly investor portfolio return = 4.25%
|Your Starting Portfolio||Annual Gains @ 4.25%||Annual Gains @ 8.21%||Yearly Increase In Profit|
Apply Now For ZenInvestor Master Investing Program
Due to the intensity of this program and personal attention I give to each of my one-to-one coaching clients I can only take a limited number on at a time. If this program is of interest to you I encourage you to apply now and save your spot!